She send me messages and telling me she is married. Wishing her all the best.
Monday, March 10, 2014
She send me messages and telling me she is married. Wishing her all the best.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Was whatsapp-ing with my girlfriends and it bring to a topic on whats the worst gift that u ever have recived from your partner...
I recalled mine was a book on my company ex ceo.... yes a book and its abt ex ceo. Seriously, who cares about my ceo.. at that moment when I received the book, my eyes rolled till dont know where.. and have never touch it again
How about yours?
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Our car is at least 2 to 3 times more expensive because of the Certificate of Entitlement (taxes to gov).
- our utility bills are soaring
- buying clothes branded or not are also 50% more expensive than US, and 100% more expensive than china which goes into the resellers' profit.
- School fees are getting increase of 20% this year because of limited teachers and therapist.
- Housing is getting more and more expensive because of the rich from all over the world had invested in Singapore properties.
- Even maid salary had increased 20% within 2 years.
Thursday, February 27, 2014
After decided to change this maid, I have reviewed dont know how many biodata and interviews I have done this round.
First weekend we went down the agency and interviewed 3 maid, shortlisted 2, one with 11 years exprience in MY took care of children before... one 7 yrs in SG never take care of children before. I wanted the MY but hus wanted the SG, the reason he gave was she too short and English no good. Fine, when I went down and sign the documents, the agency wanted to charge me $600 instead of $500 agency fee because if expience maid.. I already very bo song to take out that $500, then now wanted to charge more. So I made some noises and when hus came he started to scolded the agency if the agency did a good job at the first place we wouldn't hired a 5 yrs expr = fresh maid. We went in stating that we need an expience maid to take care of children. And yet they gave us a fresh maid who says got 5 yrs expr but don't know how to use vacuum cleaner, don't even know how to cook rice. Dont says abt taking care of children. Their insist of $600 because co policy and the one I wanted to hire is exprience maid. So I asked for evidence and they printed out mom employment history and here comes the drama again. Agent told me she worked 7yrs in SG with one employer, mom showed that she worked for 4 employer and 2 lasted less than 2 yrs, worst together only make up 6 yrs. Immediately I questioned the agent why am I paying so much to them when they didn't even do a simple validation if what maid had says. On the spot I rejected this cadidate.
Another round of profile preview, shortlisted 2 and did my interview. This time round I cant even go down to the agency for interview so we did a 3 way skpye. One ex-sin English good and got take care if children and one english so-so and ex kuwait. Again, I wanted the ex kuwait but hus wanted the ex sin. Fine, take the ex-sin, then agent says she knew the ex employer and she can call and get some feedback for us. Guess she also scare le. The ex - employee says "the only advice to any employer who is hiring her is to keep away all cash and jeweleries into safe.".. like that still can hire meh? Strike her off my list immediately.
I tried another agency too.. this one exprience indonesia maid asking for 590, the highest of all and filipino asking for 550. I tried to interview both.. the PH is really too smart for me to handle, I was interviewing her ended up she interviewed me. The standard question I asked, have u take care of children before? Then she countered questions me, how many children u have, is it a boy or girl, how old is a she and she went on and on.. are u staying in apartment or house, can I go for off day, can I take handphone.. im stunned and was there listening to all her questions. By the 3rd questions she asked I went silent and told the agency I dont want this.
Oh my goodness right? After going round a big cycle, I went back to take the ex-kuwait. I feel that she is ths next best cadidate. Wanted the ex-MY but she was taken.
Need to wait for 3 to 4 weeks time for all papers works done. Praying hard that she is the one and will be a good helper.
1. trust ur first instinct, hus opinion can take for reference only
2. Always look for those trustworthy agency. . Those labeled with perfect home maker etc wouldnt have much good hope
3. Always asked for interview. You can dont even need to waste ur time to go down to the agency, everything can done via email and phone.
4. If ex-sin, always ask for mom history employment print out.
5. Agency and Maid biodata and reply can only believe 50%.
Anyone has any tips for hiring good maid, please share. .. drop me a comment.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Yesterday I was trying to tell my hus about our current situation of our maid and I came out with this theory.
A maid is like a kidney. When it doesnt work out - kidney failure, it create lots of problem to the owner (the employer -me). And will need a kidney transplantation (change a maid) but searching a suitable and good kidney is never a easy job. Some prople can live with one kidney and some cant. My current situation is that one kidney already bleeding and i cant take it much longer and in a urgent to search for a replacement. Scolding the owner of the kidney low functionality and performance doesnt help to solution. Lookimg for good candidates that willing to do transplant and fit our blood (our requirement). Even after found a kidney, there would still have at least 6 mths of stabilization period to ensure that the kidney can works in owner and able to offload the stress from other kidney.
After hearing my illustrations, he laughted...
Sunday, February 16, 2014
This is my 5th maid in 5 years since i had Janelle. 1st, she loves janelle very much and very kind but cleaning she doesnt meet my mil standard and had been crying since day 1 cos she missed home so much. she cutted janelle when noone asked her to when she is only weeks old. hus was so angry and sent her back. 2nd, vain pox and she steal my sis and sis in law make up, jewellery and my mil money. Because of her, my house are armed with CCTV. 3rd, ok.. not very good nor very bad, she went back after 2 yrs which neither one want to renew. 4th, my best maid of all, she not only took very good care of janelle but also keeping this house very clean and good care for the family. We brought her oversea for holidays but she need to go back after 2 years to get marry which both families had prepared for years. I missed her so so much. As for my 5th maid... and sorry but i have to let her go.
My requirement of maid is very similar, just need to keep the house relatively clean and able to take care of janelle. This maid is giving me big headache, with lots of cannot make it, below are some of the example:
1. stated in her portfolio that she had 5 yrs experience in chinese family in Jakata, that's a lie. She dont even know how to cook rice. she has a magic hand that the floor gets dirtier when she cleans. remembering green cloth is for kitchen and purple cloth for rooms takes her 2 weeks to remember. she ironed the shirt is as if no iron before. she doesnt know that wash toilet need to brush toilet bowl.
2. stated that she took care of children before, that's a lie. She scalded janelle with very hot running water (the water heater showing overheated) on janelle back while showering for her. common sense of testing water she doesnt seems to have. when she first time see janelle having seizure, she sit quietly beside janelle without getting panic nor calling me for help. Doesn't know if she has the sense of dangerous. lied to me that she brushed teeth for janelle every morning. Need one hour to feed janelle dinner.
All things i can keep my eyes closed, but when it comes to janelle, i am very careful and taking care of special needs child is not suitable for her, hence i will let her go.
After been thru all this, luck and also the agency where you get your maid from also make a different. The first day my current maid arrived, we nearly send her off as we suspected skin disease because she having patches of open wound on her. After understanding from her, it because of the bed bugs in the Indonesia training center. I took all her clothes and washed on that very day and help her applied medicine. And banned her from touching janelle for 3 days till her wound closed up. The agency words also cannot be trust. when i told the agency that i doubt she has 5 yrs working experience in Chinese family where she cant even understand a single Chinese, then they told me that the information are provided by the maid so may not be true. Isn't agency responsibilities to validate? This agency can still bargain with me on the salary that to pay to the maid. haiz. after this one, me and my husband had blacklisted this agency. praying that the 6th would be a blessing one.